These exercises are great for the Gluteus Maximus, Semitendinosus, Semimembranosus, and Biceps Femoris.
To start this exercise you will need Exerband Tubing with handles, an anchor strap hooked to a door. Optional but worth having is the Web Slide® Exercise Rail System.
- Place the Web-Anchor Strap in the side of the door at ankle level.
- Place foot through the tube and wrap tube around the ankle of the exercise leg, or use optional Extremity Strap.
- Stand facing the door and step back to take up the slack in the tubing. Use chair for support.
- Extend your leg backwards. Start this motion at the hip, keeping a neutral spine position. Motion should occur at the hip, not the lower back.
- Slowly return to the starting position.